Never ever ever give in to tyranny. These guys were prepared to go to jail for what the believed in.
The President of the United Chiropractic Association Kevin Proudman has proposed to form a coalition of chiropractic associations (UCA, SCA and MCA) within the UK called the Alliance of UK Chiropractors (AUKC). The formation of the Alliance will be the largest chiropractic coalition in the UK, with a membership of nearly 1100 registered chiropractors.
Kevin states “We feel that if we can speak as one group rather than as a fractured and fragmented profession then our impact will be greater; particularly in light of recent decisions by the GCC that we can as an Alliance present a unified position.
The AUKC will represent Chiropractors who stand behind the founding principles of Chiropractic as a vitalistic drug free profession based on the identification and reduction of vertebral subluxations, The AUKC will support the ACC paradigm that the World Federation of Chiropractors adopted as its policy statement.
“Chiropractic is a health care discipline which emphasizes the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery.
The practice of chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by the nervous system) and how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of health. In addition, Doctors of Chiropractic recognize the value and responsibility of working in cooperation with other health care practitioners when in the best interest of the patient.
The Association of Chiropractic Colleges continues to foster a unique, distinct chiropractic profession that serves as a health care discipline for all. The ACC advocates a profession that generates, develops, and utilizes the highest level of evidence possible in the provision of effective, prudent, and cost-conscious patient evaluation and care.
Chiropractic is concerned with the preservation and restoration of health, and focuses particular attention on the subluxation.
A subluxation is a complex of functional and/or structural and/or pathological articular changes that compromise neural integrity and may influence organ system function and general health.
A subluxation is evaluated, diagnosed, and managed through the use of chiropractic procedures based on the best available rational and empirical evidence”
Subluxation is a fundamental axiom of the Chiropractic profession. The WFC policy statement reaffirms the use of the term vertebral subluxation and it is defined succinctly and accepted by the World Health Organisation (WHO)
This UCA, SCA and the MCA have drawn up a brief statement of principles to which we believe any chiropractic organisation in the world could ally themselves to. The vision, Statement of Purpose and Objectives are listed below, along with current issues that we believe need to be addressed:
To create a vitalistic, Chiropractic model of health and well-being for families in the UK by providing the distinct elements offered by Chiropractic as a healthcare profession predicated upon its philosophy, science and art. This model will positively impact on the healthcare of our nation
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The AUKC is an affiliation of the professional organisations dedicated to the protection, unity and strengthening of the Chiropractic profession in the UK. Emphasis is on education and political action to uphold and protect the rights of Chiropractors to serve their patients using an evidence based, patient centred approach. The AUKC fully supports that Chiropractic is a separate distinct healing profession that emphasises the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery with particular focus on the subluxation.
IDENTITY, VALUES AND OBJECTIVES
· Adoption of the ACC Paradigm
· Adoption of the WHO statement on Chiropractic
· Adoption of the WFC statement of Prescription Rights
· Adoption of the ICA Best Practices documentation
· Provide Leadership and facilitate Unity within the profession in the UK
· Support research into the VSC
· Work with decision makers so that Chiropractic care is more widely known and understood by the public.
· Commit to a rapid response on emerging issues
· Acceptance only of evidence from RCT’s not from biomedical evidence validating Chiropractic care
· The proposed Revalidation scheme that has flawed assumptions, disproportionate risk from a misinterpreted poorly constructed survey which had less than a 23% response
· GCC consultations
· Teaching of Philosophy in Chiropractic colleges
· Use of the term Subluxation concept of VSC
· RESEARCH into Subluxation/Chiropractic Outcomes
· Scope of Practice
· Examining whether the GCC is fit for purpose for regulating the Chiropractic profession in the UK in its present form
As a member of the UCA you will automatically be given membership of the Alliance. Membership of AUKC is only available through membership of either, the UCA, SCA or MCA.
If you would be interested in supporting the Alliance we do need help with funding and a pledge form can be downloaded from the members area of the UCA website or you can call Head Office. Any amount big or small will help.
Tel: 01752 658785
Yours in Chiropractic Service
United Chiropractic Association
- Why the United Chiropractic Association (UCA) and traditional chiropractors, should be supporting Simon Sings campaign for free speech.
- A Female BCA; The MacTimoney old girls club Originally posted in January 09
- GCC begin defining a biomedical scope of practice using the sceptic complaints as cover
- The Chiropractic Associations recognised the GCC was not fit for purpose in 2006
- McTimoney Chiropractic Association; no lovers of Free Speech themselves.
- The UCA asked me to write this for their rebranded Newsletter. Unfortunately they redacted the last few paragraphs. “Dont want to upset the GCC.”
- Zeno only doing what BCA leaders did to UCA executive