April 15, 2012
By

Me and Lars

Is it any wonder the chiropractic profession is made look bad when the scheming politician Peter Dixon, is selected as a member of the central medical team at the London Olympics.  I was recently invited by Sports physiologist Lars Mickaelsik to spent the  day observing Brazil and Norways training camp at the Olympic park which was fascinating to see teams still using the type of warm ups and cool downs I pioneered in the 80s which were completly new at the time. Unfortunately due to my ongoing  treatment for cancer I have not  the time to get involved in Olympic preparations, despite a number of requests.  My involvement in the preparation of Danish athletes for LA and Seoul Olympics gave me  unique experience as to the performance support elite athletes require at this level, however no one asked my opinion on Peer Dixons appointment, no doubt knowing what I would say.   Athletes want chiropractors with clinical expertise and experience of elite sport, not clowns who spend their days scheming giving jobs to the boys up at the GCC. I guess these are the rewards for being part of the establishment and kissing the right arses.

A successful team will have a performance team in place where athletes can have the treatment they require. Then in the village there is a place athletes from small countries with little support and knowledge can go for treatment. I hear Eddie the eel is making a come back in the pool so if he needs help he can seek chiropractic care in the Olympic village from Peter Dixon, alternatively there are many officials who could seek seek Peters advice on how one keeps corrupt dictatorships in power.

This from Dixons Local Newspaper  http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/9641757.Olympic__medic_to_fit_in_well/

Olympic medic to fit in well

11:00am Sunday 15th April 2012 in News

Peter Dixon Peter Dixon

Chiropractor Peter Dixon, who has practices in Devizes, Bradford on Avon and Batheaston, has been selected as a member of the central medical team at the London Olympics.

The Central Medical Unit is a multi-disciplinary team which will provide medical support to athletes and support staff from around the world during the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

Mr Dixon said: “Many chiropractors applied to be part of the team and to have been selected is a massive honour.

“To be part of this event at any level is extremely exciting, but the chance to work with the best athletes from around the world is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

“I’m really excited about working with some of the best sports care doctors, physiotherapists, chiropractors, osteopaths and sports massage practitioners from the UK and abroad.”

27 Responses to Scheming politician to represent chiropractic at London Olympics, does Peter Dixon still practice chiropractic?

1. Erlinda Hannaway on March 29, 2020 at 1:31 am

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

2. Abram Oxner on March 28, 2020 at 6:14 am

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

3. Temeka Skrocki on March 27, 2020 at 10:16 am

Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I?d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don?t mind. Natually I?ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

4. Rhett Guzy on March 26, 2020 at 3:39 am

you have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

5. Natividad Naes on March 22, 2020 at 3:19 pm

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally ? taking time and actual effort to make a very good article? but what can I say? I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

6. Chaya Cislo on March 22, 2020 at 9:40 am

I was very pleased to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

7. Evangeline Gianunzio on March 22, 2020 at 9:25 am

8. Anjelica Portal on March 18, 2020 at 7:23 am

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..more wait .. ;) ?

9. Emory Wakeland on March 17, 2020 at 3:01 pm

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..more wait .. ;) ?

10. Theo Limber on March 17, 2020 at 2:30 pm

11. Dustin Hensel on March 17, 2020 at 2:04 pm

There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don?t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

12. Sol Goerner on March 17, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Would you be interested in exchanging links?

13. Leticia Bachtold on March 17, 2020 at 5:01 am

14. Yael Vayner on March 16, 2020 at 4:49 pm

Hey, Came across this page by accident but absolutely loving the content. Thanks.

15. Amit Patel on April 29, 2012 at 11:53 am

All they really want in an OBE. I’m seeing my MP soon, I’m sure he will find this very interesting.

16. Amit Patel on April 29, 2012 at 11:53 am

17. cedric six pack, in my dreams on April 28, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Are there any slim normal weight chiropractors at this, or are they part of our sumo team?

18. Amit Patel on April 28, 2012 at 10:49 am

They are not a good advert for health and wellness (and chiropractic) … its like going to a Fat GP and they give you dietary advise.

19. Amit Patel on April 28, 2012 at 10:45 am

The whole thing stinks…. its the ‘ Hierarchy Merry-go-round.’ Serious questions need to be asked by the profession why this is happening!

20. Richard on April 19, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Simon is loyal to Ernst so I dont bring him up in converstaion. The stuff about Ernst working on the acupuncture film came from Simon and I would never use a friend to get information. This is how I see it, many of the skeptics are physical scientists, they could calculate acurately the time it would take a 1KG weight to hit the ground from 10 feet. I dont think they appreciate the difficulties for a clinical scientist to estimate how far a human could throw the weight, each throw would probably have a different outcome and one could not produce the type of evidence that satisfies a physical scientist. Ernst should know better, however he has a market doing what he does and the chiropractic profession has failed to show him for what he is. A failed homeopath and scientist

21. Guest on April 19, 2012 at 4:57 pm

How is Brown still in his positions – GCC, BCA and ECU?

I think you hit the nail on the head Richard – Brown is a consummate politician, scheming, lying, conniving, manipulative and ultimately self serving.

And he is better at it than Dixon ever was.

Whilst Dixon began to get out of his depth and ultimately the did so, Brown is only getting into his stride now and this is the danger for the profession.

A question for you in regard to Simon Singh Richard – what is his real opinion of chiropractic and why did he feel the need to curry favour with Ernst slagging off chiropractic?

What is his current opinion of Ernst?

22. Richard on April 19, 2012 at 11:53 am

I honestly dont get it, how did Richard Brown keep his position after what happened with Simon Singh, Expert witness for GCC, BCAs medico legal expert and elite performance expert. How can one man be expert in so many areas unless the people around him are absolute fools.

I had lunch with Simon Singh yesterday, he is a friend, He does not have a major problem with chiropractic they way he has with homeopathy, but when the BCA came after him he had to do something. The BCA has come after me and many other chiropractors, intimidation is part of their MO and no doubt these appointments at the olympics suggest they have little shame for the way they behave and will continue as long as they can get away with it and no one holds them to account, just like the Glamorgan tutors getting students to pay their BCA membership. Is it any wonder chiropractors are seen as unethical with people like these making the decisions

23. Guest on April 19, 2012 at 9:47 am

“By contrast the BMA is not impressed with LOCOG, expecting medical cover without paying or even providing accommodation for “expert” medical doctor volunteers being there 24/7 its just cheap labour. http://web.bma.org.uk/nrezine…. What is it they say, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. This will be reported in all the chiropractic journals as wonderful and outside the profession no one will hear a thing.”

Well said Richard – these tossers are willing to work for nothing, trade their lower end ‘medical skills’ trying to outdo other chiropractorss better qualified and better regarded for a piece of ego stroking…

peanuts, monkeys, Brown and Dixon …

the problem is whilst their buddies applaud them and those outside their circle think ‘w-anchors’ those outside the profession think is this the best a ‘CHIROPRACTOR’ can do? Phone me a physio…

24. Richard on April 18, 2012 at 10:20 pm

It  was announced today that the chiropractor for Cheltenham Town football has also been chosen by LOCOG as one of the top Sports Chiropractors in the UK. Richard Brown also happens to be president of the BCA,
    Are  these people being picked on merit or because they both have weight problem and their weight loss is to be part of the “London Legacy”. Surely not the image one wants to present of chiropractic at the Olympics, weight watchers for office administrators I cant believe there are no chiropractors in the UK working with top sports people with more experience than these two. By contrast the BMA is not impressed with LOCOG, expecting medical cover without paying or even providing accommodation for “expert” medical doctor volunteers being there 24/7 its just cheap labour. http://web.bma.org.uk/nrezine.nsf/wd/RTHS-8J9D32?OpenDocument&C=2+July+2011

25. Guest on April 18, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I fear my comment might be removed since my first thought about this Peter Dixon began with a ‘W’ and ended with a sound much like the pronounciation of  ’anchor’