Those of you following the recent FIFA revelations may have noticed the similarities with other regulatory bodies.
Peter Dixon did not do very well in the 2007 elections in England. Yet was re- appointed Chairman of the council without anyone voting for him on the new council. When the government decided to reform the GCC, Peter was part of the appointment process of the council and the committees. When complaints are made about the GCC Peter investigates them unless the complaint is about him in which case one of the mates he chose for the council does the investigating. Peter is more than happy to mislead chiropractors to stay as chair of the GCC, because he cant risk showing his face at a chiropractic conference or can’t expect to be elected to anything again .
Getting rid of Coats will not make a blind bit of difference to ordinary chiropractors. The medical agenda will continue. Remember in pushing this “evidenced based” musculoskeletal agenda, the evidence for back pain is not for “chiropractic” its for “spinal manipulation”, not these touch feely techniques many chiropractors favour. It wont be so long in the future, when the GCC education committee is telling the chiropractors and the colleges “diversified” is the only technique supported by solid evidence, fortunately council member David Byfield has written a book on this technique so it wont be too difficult to implement the changes .
The bit I love, in this FIFA debacle, is the English and Scottish FAs are now outraged about the behaviour of FIFA. When the English FA were the favourites for the 2018 world Cup the FA were outraged when the Sunday Times published reports about corruption within FIFA, claiming the journalists were “unpatriotic”. Garry Linekar resigned from the mail because they reported the story. Now the English FA did not get what they thought they were getting, they are outraged and no longer have confidence in the main regulator of football; hypocrites!
My advice to chiropractors, seeking a better future for their profession, is get involved in the political process. The problem you have is you have no say in who is going to sit on the General Chiropractic Council, so putting it bluntly even if you get involved with these people you are still fucked, regardless what your politicians will tell you.
Fortunately cancer does not take away ones sense of humour.
- If Peter Dixon cares about the chiropractic profession as he claims, he should go now and take Coats with him or risk Self Regulation for chiropractors.
- GCC chair Peter Dixon fiddles while Chiropractic burns
- Peter Dixon will not be held accountable to former members of council
- Should Graham Donald chair Investigating Committee meetings?
- Peter Dixon’s plan for my removal
- The GCCs Kangaroo court to remove me from council
- Business as usual; declares General Chiropractic Council chairman Peter Dixon as he rearranges the deckchairs.
- How Peter Dixon soinned my removal to the profession
- “Regulators like the General Chiropractic Council have different and inconsistent methods of engaging with patients”
- Unfortunately Peter Dixon and the General Chiropractic Council are 3 years and 700 complaints too late.