How weird is that, I had just posted the blog post announcing I was passing chiropracticlive over to others and I get the message that Coats has retired, has she gone on gardening leave as her interim replacement has been announced? I bet they dont lock her office and ban her from the paper shredder.
I get no pleasure gloating over the departure of an elderly woman who should never have had the job in the first place. Dixon, Cunliffe et al will be hoping hoping this announcement will take the heat off them and everything will be hunky dory. That’s for others to decide, Dixon and his accomplices are every bit as responsible for what happened to the UK chiropractic profession as Margaret Coats is, they are and will always remain an embarrassment to decent chiropractors with integrity.
For immediate use
31 March 2011
The General Chiropractic Council (GCC) have today announced that their Chief Executive & Registrar, Margaret Coats will retire on 17 June 2011.
Mrs Coats has been Chief Executive & Registrar of the GCC since its inception in 1999 and has provided dedicated service to the statutory regulation of the profession of chiropractic. Peter Dixon, Chair of the GCC, paid tribute to her pivotal role in establishing the organisation, managing the executive functions for over a decade, and for overseeing the implementation of important milestones in the profession’s development such as the consultations on the Code of Practice and Standard of Proficiency, and Continuing Professional Development.
‘Margaret has worked tirelessly for the GCC and without her unique blend of knowledge, experience and organisational skills, coupled with her commitment to the public interest, we would not have been able to achieve as much as we have in such a short period’ he said.
The GCC are also pleased to announce that Satjit Singh, formerly with the General Optical Council, has been appointed Interim Chief Executive & Registrar.
- Is this the beginning of the end of Margaret Coats time as Chief executive of the General Chiropractic Council.
- The associations have come together. First thing they need to say to the General Chiropractic Council; Margaret Coats must go.
- GCC chief executive Margaret Coats censors my election manifesto
- Communication between General Chiropractic Council’s Peter Dixon and the associations after they made the case that Coats position as Registrar was untenable
- According to General Chiropractic Council we could treat sciatica, asthma and infant colic, between October 2003 and March 2010
- The ass keeps digging
- Is General Chiropractic Council Chief Executive Margaret Coats a bigger bully than Gordon Brown?
- Margaret Coats may have chiropractors attending the ECU conference in London arrested
- The Department of Health will no longer fund the CHRE
- Its none of Margaret Coats business how adult chiropractors get their sexual pleasures, when patients are not involved.